Friday 14 May 2010

A Milestone.

Yesterday was a bit of a milestone day for me not only was it my 170th post but the number of people following Normandy Life reached 100 when Shakira signed on as a follower.
I find it incredible that 100 people scattered across the globe are willing to spend a few minutes now and again to read my "bucolic ramblings".
The most amazing thing is, that apart from a very small handful of family and close friends, most of my followers are people that I have never met in person and probably never will.
Despite that you are all very important to me and I feel that through your own blogs I have come to know you quite well over the past two years.
One person who's path would probably never have crossed mine in the real world is the lovely Kathy, otherwise known as Happy Mrs C .

Kathy was the winner of my 2nd Blogaversary giveaway last month and she recently blogged about receiving my package from France. She included some delightful photographs, of the gifts, staged in her garden amongst her stunning azaleas.
Kathy lives on Lookout Mountain, doesn't that sound like a great place to live, we met through Mrs Matlocks Alphabe-Thursday meme, a great favourite of mine.
So, thanks once more to all my wonderful cyber friends for helping this transplanted English rose in rural Normandy feel less isolated and thoroughly connected to you all.




9 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Maggie. It has been a pleasure getting to know you!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Maggie!! Isn't it amazing to meet so many friends through blogging. I love Mrs. C!! We live a few hours from Lookout Mountain and I can tell you it is beautiful there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Maggie. I'm one of the lucky ones whose known you for 10 years now. Like you, I'm totally in awe of the many wonderful friendships blogging has spawned. I've you to thank for introducing me to the world of Blog. So a huge thank you, dear friend. Glad Kathy won the package of French goodies. She is a sweetheart. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I'm so happy that you decided to blog.... My journey only began this Feb., I can't imagine ever stopping now. Such beautiful people out there in this lovely world. Keep up the great work!XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maggie:
    Yes, I find it totally amazing and awe-inspiring: this world of new friends! No, we will most probably never meet, but oh, do we keep in touch. I'm not quite at 100, but any day now, and it does amaze me that that many people, around the world, read about what I do!!
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many congratulations, Maggie. Isn't life great?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your 100 follower. I am one of that happy following crowd! I love your beautiful blog!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am one of those bloggers that just stumbled onto your site. It's lovely and congrats on the 100th follower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Maggie! I don't know if i'm officially a follower of yours though I check your blog often. I'm still learning so haven't quite figured out if I've signed up or not. Your posts are so interesting. I didn't know much about Quimper Pottery but loved the pictures on that Q is for Quimper post and you've just given me an idea for a mosaic theme.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your visit just made my day!