Saturday 19 February 2011

Sunday Favourites with Chari.

For Chari's Sunday Favourites @ Happy To Design  today, a rerun of a  post from July 2009 which you might enjoy.

Sometimes the last thing my husband wants to do is trail around a flea market with me, but sometimes he humours me and comes along.
And so it was that yesterday, Bastille Day, we took a drive to Bricquebec on the Contenin Peninsula to a vide grenier (flea market) which I had seen advertised.


Well, guess what?

There wasn't one, I was wrong! and he was not a happy man -  until we spotted L'Epicerie Parisienne.


Those of you who know my other half know that he is a very good cook, quite a gourmand & wine connoisseur, so we spent a very pleasant 20 minutes or so wandering around this wonderful food store admiring the food and the eclectic decor.


Madame, la patronne, was a delight and when I enquired, of Monsieur, if it was o.k. for me to photograph his displays, he answered:
"S'il vous plaît, Madame, comme si vous étiez à chez vous".



Today, we enjoyed some of our purchases from L'Epicerie Parisienne for lunch.


I hope that you have enjoyed a second visit to l'epicerie today, bon dimanche a tout.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Maggie...

    So happy to see you join up with the fun of Sunday Favorites this week, my friend!

    Ohh noooo...I know that this is a post from last year, but I am sorry that your flea market was not to be found! Sounds like it would have been great fun!!! However, L'Epicerie Parisienne looks like it was a sweet find! I would love to shop a little place like that...of course I probably would have no clue as to what I was looking at in there! Hehe! Looks like your husband found a few treats to bring home though! Thank you for sharing this sweet post with us for the Sunday Favorites repost party, my friend! It's always a treat to get to look into the culture of Normandy! Hope you'll share more with us!!!

    Have a wonderful weekend, my friend!
    Chari @Happy To Design

    PS...the link for Sunday Favorites will be up this evening at 6pm (MST)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie, what a fun way to spend a Sunday or any day for that matter. Thanks for taking us along again. ;-)
    Taking a little respite from the garden. So much to do after old man winter stopped by recently. I just picked up a few magazines. I think I'll fix a cup of tea and relax with a bit of inspiration.
    Enjoy the weekend. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Maggie, That was SUCH FUN! I would have wanted to shop around there too...It looked "Oh So Good"! Thank you SO MUCH for taking us along. Have a wonderful weekend,
    Hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty place to visit. I bet he was glad he came along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your day turned out well, after all. I'm sure your husband was a happy man!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maggie,

    A wonderful post. When I travel, I always shop! I love little gourmet food shops and rarely leave empty handed. Have a wonderful week!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always happy to revisit your posts and your gorgeous photos. Looks like a delightful way to spend a day!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tour. Sorry your day at the flea market did not work out, but looks and sounds like it turned out well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a lovely place! How I would love to visit! I'm sorry your flea market was missing in action, but that store more than made up for things, I would think.
    Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your visit just made my day!