Thursday 14 July 2011

Bobbie Flay's Grilled Chicken Paillard with Lemon and Black Pepper and Arugula-Tomato Salad

Joining Lynn @ Happier Than A Pig In Mud for July's Celebrity Cook - Along with TV Chef Bobbie Flay.
Strange as it may sound but before this month I didn't know who Bobbie Flay was.

Seriously!

But through the wonders of the Internet, and trusty ole Google, I was soon able to put that right and found this easy chicken recipe on The Food Network.com.


The recipe was featured in the series Boy Meets Grill in an episode entitled French Bistro Grilling.

Fat Tree Semillon - Sauvignon Blanc, New South Wales, Australia
went well with the dish.
Although we do have a small Weber BBQ I decided not to use it that evening, opting to grill the paillards on a heavy bottomed, ridged grill pan, on stop of the stove.


Much easier and not so messy!


As I happened to have all the ingredients, except for red onions, it was the perfect dish for a Sunday evening dîner pour deux au jardin.


Grilled Chicken Paillard with Lemon and Black Pepper and Arugula-Tomato Salad.
·    1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
·   1 small shallot chopped
·   1/4 cup pure olive oil
Freshly picked rocket from the potager
  • 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground fresh black pepper
  • 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, pounded thinly
  • Salt
  • 1/2 pound arugula (rocket/roquette)
  • 2 ripe beefsteak tomatoes, diced
  • 1 small red onion, peeled, halved and thinly sliced ( used salad onions instead)
  • 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (I used balsamic just because we love the taste)
  • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus additional for garnish
  • Lemon halves, for garnish
  • Whisk together lemon juice, shallot, olive oil and black pepper in a large dish. Add the chicken, turn to coat then marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
·    Preheat grill to high. Remove chicken from marinade, season with salt on both sides and grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and just cooked through.
·   Combine arugula, tomatoes and onions in a large bowl, toss with the vinegar and oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
·   Place each piece of chicken on a large plate, drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and top with some of the arugula-tomato salad.
·   Garnish with lemon halves and serve.
Délicieux
Don't forget to head over to Lynn's
and also to a new blog find
Beth Fish Reads for Weekend Cooking.

Click here for more Bobby Flay recipes.
Bon Appétit 

18 comments:

  1. Dag-gone Maggie you got serious with your cooking, this is absolutely divine, sounds and looks beyond delish!
    ~JO
    LazyonLoblolly

    ReplyDelete
  2. French Bistro Grilling... you sure found the perfect episode/recipe Maggie! The chicken looks great, also like that you made it in the grill pan! Thanks so much for joining the Cook-Along:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fantastic. Gotta get one of those grill pans.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect recipe you found! Sounds and looks delicious and I like that it's so quick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Maggie...you just got me so excited about a recipe and I have the perfect grill pan!! I love Bobbie Flay, in fact, I have a major crush on him!! Shhhh...

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Maggie!

    This looks delicious. I love chicken and this looks like a tasty version.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Freshly picked rocket ~ sweet memories of France for me! This all looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It all looks and sounds delicious. I am rather envious and in awe. I don't seem to have time to plan anything beyond a grilled chop or a rack of ribs - I really need to sit down and do some thinking ahead and cook something decent. Thanks for the push!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks fantastic, just like in a bistro. And perfect grill marks! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey again!...Maggie you are more than WELCOME to enter the giveaway, this is so much fun meeting you, hope you'll come back to lazyonloblolly and follow,If random generetor picks you sweetheart, I don't mind shippin' the cookbook to France,yippeee!
    We're having fun!
    ~JO
    LazyonLoblolly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maggie,
    We had almost the identical supper last night! We had peas from the farm stand with the dinner as well. Ate on the porch of the cabin.
    Very simple and elegant.

    Have a great day!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your chicken looks superb and the setting is just gorgeous! I am with you on the balsamic. I love that stuff! For someone who didn't know who Bobby was, you sure woulda made him proud!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YOU ALWAYS SET SUCH A LOVELY TABLE....GUESS IT IS THE FRENCH IN YOU
    DIANE FROM TEXAS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maggie, I'm picking arugula right now too, and the first tomatoes are ready to be picked. Can't wait to try this!

    I will miss you in Quimper, thought I could go this year but just lost my job again after 10 months. Things still not very good here for architects!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Besutiful! Those grill marks are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the beautiful meal you made. It looks like the perfect summer meal.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I found you from the Happier than a Pig Linky. I was lured into your recipe because I'm a huge BF fan (met him 2x--he's the best!). I'd love for you to share this gorgeous recipe over at Momtrends Friday Food Linky:

    http://www.momtrends.com/2011/07/tips-for-the-perfect-burger/

    Hope you can stop by! We're featuring Chipotle Burgers (Bobby would love them)

    ReplyDelete
  18. First, welcome to Weekend Cooking! I'm so pleased you linked up.

    I have been a fan of Bobbie Flay's for long while now -- and this meal is just one reason why. Your dinner in the garden looks so colorful and so delicious. I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your visit just made my day!